Available from DC BooksList of Titles
Fiction by Peter Dubé
At the Bottom of the Sky
To order right away using your credit card, click below on Buy Now.
Many Payment Options!
Option 1 – Right away, on the web, to a secure site
1. Press the BUY NOW button above.
2. This connects you with Paypal.
Option 2 – On-Line Bookstores
1. Just fill out the fields below, and press SUBMIT.
2. You'll get a prompt acknowledgement of your order, confirming your total price.
3. Then print this page, and enclose your check or money order.
4. Mail to: DC Books, 5 Fenwick Avenue, Montreal West, QC, H4X 1P3 Canada
5. Made an error on SUBMIT? No problem. Just fill out the form again with the correct information, press the CORRECTION button below, then press SUBMIT again.
At the Bottom of the Sky
Will Aitken, the editor of this collection of fictions, said in his recommendation for Dubé’s last novel, Hovering World, that it is “queer in all the best senses of the word–non-conformist, eccentric, dissenting, crazed, aberrant, and, of course, invaluable.” What was true of that debut, is more so of Dubé’s second major work. Again, the reader finds himself in a Big City world of late night neon, narrow streets, lurid bohemian warrens. Roaming and dwelling herein are strange, almost gothic characters with memorable fixations and obsessions. Thom, the protagonist, muses over the artist Terrence who torches his life’s work, over Adrian who seals himself in his flat and persuasively writes his friends that he is presently off hunting Vampires in Eastern Europe, and Zack who braves homophobic thugs in the littered, dawn streets in order to slip provocative supplements into the daily newspaper. In a sense, this collection is about individuals whose zany imaginations have finally run away with them – somewhat like the bus Thom takes at the end of the book and whose driver announces he’s hijacking the vehicle and driving from of the city. On another level, all these characters with their obsessions are the embodiments of Greek mythic archetypes....
Author Peter Dubé
Peter Dubé is a Montreal-based writer. His fiction and criticism have been widely published in literary and cultural journals and he is the author of the chapbook Vortex Faction Manifesto (Vortex Editions, Montreal) and Hovering World (DC Books, 2002). At the Bottom of the Sky is his second major work. He is the chair of the Quebec Writers Federation.
At the Bottom of the Sky, Peter Dubé, 102 pp., 5 x 8, Poetry, July, 2007
ISBN: 978-1-897190-19-7 (paper) . . . $18.95 | US$18.95
ISBN: 978-1-897190-20-3 (Bound*) . . . $32.95 | US$32.95
* This book is “perfect bound” with an add-on hand bound cover, no dust jacket.
List prices above do NOT include applicable taxes. Offer prices on the left DO!
Also by the Author
ISBN: 0-919688-61-6 (paper). . .$17.95
ISBN: 0-919688-63-2, (Bound) . . . $26.95