New from DC BooksList of Titles
Poetry by John McAuley
All I Can Say For Sure
To order right away using your credit card, click below on Buy Now.
For other payment methods, complete order form below...
Many Payment Options!
Option 1 – Right away, on the web, to a secure site
1. Press the BUY NOW button above.
2. This connects you with Paypal.
Option 2 – On-Line Bookstores
1. Just fill out the fields below, and press SUBMIT.
2. You'll get a prompt acknowledgement of your order, confirming your total price.
3. Then print this page, and enclose your check or money order.
4. Mail to: DC Books, 5 Fenwick Avenue, Montreal West, QC, H4X 1P3 Canada
5. Made an error on SUBMIT? No problem. Just fill out the form again with the correct information, press the CORRECTION button below, then press SUBMIT again.
All I Can Say For Sure
The poems in McAuley’s All I Can Say for Sure range from personal archaeology and elegiac fictions of free translations to grammar wordplay for the initiated to a compassionately ironic look at the passing of life to rewired material extensions of our inner and outer spaces. McAuley’s meditations upon the details of quotidian life and historical personae are rendered with the syntactical precision of a linguist and the metaphorical density of a riddler.
Author John McAuley
John McAuley was born in Montreal. He completed an M.A. in creative writing at Sir George Williams University in 1974. During the 1970s, he edited Maker, a magazine dedicated to experimental poetry and prose that circulated among poets and writers in 23 countries. He also co-ran a successful poetry reading series at Véhicule Art Inc. where he was a member of the executive and, later, coordinator of the gallery. As one of the original Vehicule poets, he was instrumental in seeing the group’s landmark anthology, The Vehicule Poets, to publication with Maker Press in 1979 and began teaching in the English Department at Concordia University at about the same time. He has published four books: Nothing Ever Happens in Pointe-Claire, Mattress Testing, Hazardous Renaissance and What Henry Hudson Found. His work has also appeared in a variety of anthologies. He continues to live in Montreal..
All I Can Say For Sure, John McAuley, 60pp., 5 x 8, Poetry, November 1998
ISBN: 978-1-927599-16-7 (paper) . . . $17.95
ISBN: 978-1-9927599-17-4 (Bound)* . . . $32.95
* This book is “perfect bound” with an add-on
List prices above do NOT include applicable taxes. Offer prices on the left DO!