Available from DC BooksList of Titles
A Novel by Keith Henderson
To order right away using your credit card, click below on Buy Now.
For other payment methods, complete order form below...
Many Payment Options!
Option 1 – Right away, on the web, to a secure site
1. Press the BUY NOW button above.
2. This connects you with Paypal.
Option 2 – On-Line Bookstores
1. Just fill out the fields below, and press SUBMIT.
2. You'll get a prompt acknowledgement of your order, confirming your total price.
3. Then print this page, and enclose your check or money order.
4. Mail to: DC Books, 5 Fenwick Avenue, Montreal West, QC, H4X 1P3 Canada
5. Made an error on SUBMIT? No problem. Just fill out the form again with the correct information, press the CORRECTION button below, then press SUBMIT again.
Young, impressionable, twenty-year-old Walter Taylor flees his suburban home in search of freedom and adventure and stumbles into more than he bargained for. Set in a chaotic bee-farm at the height of the 1960s, home to a bohemian, European-born artist and his mistresses, The Beekeeper is filled with allusion, irony, and high humour, yet sets in stark relief the fund of violence and ignorance that underlay the romantic dreams of the 1960s.
Amusing ... sketches of some eccentric 60s intellectuals as they lounge in the Ontario countryside.... The characters are beautifully realized.... Henderson is hilarious when he’s mocking the cerebral pretensions of the bohemian set.
Books in Canada
A roisterous jaunt through male envy....
The Edmonton Journal
Fast-paced and well written...[with many] interesting observations about the effect decadent European sensibilities had on the Canadian artistic landscape of the era.
The Globe and Mail
Author Keith Henderson
Keith Henderson has published two other novels, (The Restoration, DC Books 1994 and The Roof Walkers, DC Books 2013), a collection of political essays from when he was Quebec columnist for the Financial Post (Staying Canadian, DC Books, 1997), as well as a prize-winning book of short stories (The Pagan Nuptials of Julia, DC Books 2006). He led a small provincial political party in Quebec during the separatist referendum of 1995 and championed English language rights and the “poison pill” strategy of partitioning Quebec if ever Quebec partitioned Canada, positions covered in full length articles in the Los Angeles and New York Times as well as on CBS 60 Minutes.
The Beekeeper,Keith Henderson, 2nd Edition, 144 pp., 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, Novel, July 2006
ISBN: 978-0-919688-21-6 (paper). . .$17.95
ISBN: 978-0-919688-22-3 (Hard Cover*) . . . $32.95
* This book is “perfect bound” with an add-on hard cover, no dust jacket.
List prices above do NOT include applicable taxes. Offer prices to the left DO!