Available from DC BooksList of Titles
Poetry by George Slobodzian
To order right away using your credit card, click below on Buy Now.
Many Payment Options!
Option 1 – Right away, on the web, to a secure site
1. Press the BUY NOW button above.
2. This connects you with Paypal.
Option 2 – On-Line Bookstores
1. Just fill out the fields below, and press SUBMIT.
2. You'll get a prompt acknowledgement of your order, confirming your total price.
3. Then print this page, and enclose your check or money order.
4. Mail to: DC Books, 5 Fenwick Avenue, Montreal West, QC, H4X 1P3 Canada
5. Made an error on SUBMIT? No problem. Just fill out the form again with the correct information, press the CORRECTION button below, then press SUBMIT again.
Lewd, loving, delicately crafted, the poems of Clinical Studies focus on the processes we live by, both of the body and the heart be it the birth of a child, the death of a parent, or the joys and pitfalls of the flesh. With unstinting clarity, candour, and wit, George Slobodzians work partakes in the ongoing exploration and celebration of being that is lyrical poetry.
George Slobodzian is ... an unillusioned materialist, ... pungent, funny, and visceral.... Slobodzian exuberantly affirms 'this wretched world.' Overhearing teens filling out a Cosmopolitan questionnaire, he realizes that 'love must be / a stalwart beast / to haul such crap / and remain intact.' Graphic, profane, and caustic, Clinical Studies ... is in fact a tender book, children, parents, extended relations, and lovers filling its pages with their heat.
Andre Furlani, Canadian Literature, 2004
Author George Slobodzian
The son of a doctor and a nurse, George Slobodzian was born in 1962 in Saskatchewan. His poetry and prose have appeared in publications across Canada. He currently lives in Montreal, Quebec, where he teaches literature at Dawson College.
Clinical Studies is his first book-length collection of poetry.
Clinical Studies, George Slobodzian, 78 pp., 6x 9, Poetry, July 2001
ISBN: 978-0-919688-82-7 (paper). . .$14.95
ISBN: 978-0-919688-84-1 (Bound) . . . $25.95
* This book is “perfect bound” with an add-on hand bound cover, no dust jacket.
List prices above do NOT include applicable taxes. Offer prices on the left DO!