Traction History by Bill McKeown
To order right away using your credit card, click below on Buy Now.
REGULAR LIST PRICE for this book:
Hard Cover: $59.95
Here's how to SAVE:
You'll save time and some money if you "Buy Now" using your credit card (below). Note: US$ to ALL addresses.
You'll save A LOT MORE by using the special "Going Postal" offer.
Postal service supports use of mail order. Save twice as much with special mail-only pricing.
The more you order, the more you save with flat-rate shipping.
For lowest price, complete the Option 2 "Going Postal" order form...
Ottawa’s Streetcars, Bill McKeown , 256 pp., 9 x 12, History, May 2006
ISBN: 1-897190-07-7 (Bound*) . . . $59.95
* Smythe-sewn binding, with sturdy, colourful dust jacket printed on both sides.
List prices above do NOT include applicable taxes and handling charges.
Ottawa’s Streetcars was authored by Ottawa native Bill McKeown, after over fifty years of research. It details the history of the Ottawa Electric Railway, its predecessors, and the Ottawa Transportation Commission, all forerunners of today’s OC Transpo.The book contains 256 pages, with over 300 historical photographs – much larger than post-card size, for more interesting detail–with more than 50 photos in full colour.
• Details the history of the Ottawa Electric Railway, its predecessors, and the Ottawa Transportation Commission.
• A magnificent historical record of Ottawa as it was at the end of the 19th and during the first half of the 20th centuries.
• A dozen appendices include coverage of the new O-Train, the restoration of OTC Streetcar 696, bibliography, trackage history, recollections from a retired motorman, and much more.
• Ten city, trackage, and route maps including a large 1929 route map in full colour.
• Extensively detailed 19-page roster of passenger and work equipment.
• The photos feature operating transportation equipment and surrounding street scenes in Ottawa.
“On May 2, 1959, the last of Ottawa’s streetcars made its final run on the Britannia line, bringing to an end almost seven decades of streetcar service. The history of the service is thoroughly documented in Bill McKeown’s book.... The book also looks ahead to the promise of light-rail transit, basically using updated streetcars.”
— The Ottawa Citizen, May 10, 2006
“I must say that this is a most attractive book. In fact it is shaping up...as one of the best local streetcar histories I have ever seen. And as the onetime owner of Interurban Press, I published quite a few such books myself! The author has a lively writing style and shows diligent research. And that jacket – absolutely marvellous. Red is my favorite color for streetcars.”
— G. Mac Sebree, Vancouver, Washington
Special "Going Postal" Offer for mail- and eMail-orders only:
For a limited time, you can save 10% on the list price and take advantage of flat rate shipping. Here's how it works: one book or many – it doesn't matter which! If the total value of your order is:
Up to $30: add S + H = $12
$31 to $60: add S + H = $15
$61 to $90: add S + H = $18
$91 to $150: add S + H = $21
$151 and up: add S + H = $25
Send your order now. You'll get 10% discount off the list price.
C$ funds for Canada addresses
US$ funds for USA addresses
Overseas: US$ plus $4 per item for S&H
1. Just fill out the fields below, and press SUBMIT.
2. You'll get a prompt e-mail acknowledgement of your order, confirming your total cost.
3. There's absolutely no obligation if you change your mind upon receipt of your acknowledgement.
4. You can then CONFIRM your order and enclose your check, bank draft, or money order.
5. Mail to:
5 Fenwick Avenue, Montreal West, QC H4X 1P3 Canada
6. You can choose to PAY your Paypal invoice securely on-line, with your credit card.
Just fill out the form below and submit!